11 December 2014

It's a big one...



It's a VERY BIG birthday on Thursday the 12th...
too big to have candles on a cake unless you have the fire brigade standing by.
The last decades birthday was celebrated with a 70's theme fancy dress party
but this one... well it will just be a quiet one.
The people who care about me and who I care about know though that's it's a significant birthday and have sent cards emblazoned with the number, It's getting to be a bit of an exclusive club, after all, there are a lot of people who never had the privilege to reach this age.
I don't think I look mumble years old, certainly don't act that age and probably never will
but then I do have a rather old portrait of myself in the attic...


xxx

10 comments:

  1. Wishing you a very happy and joyful birthday!
    Your 21 St is always a big mile stone x

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Dad always used to say to me, right up to
    the day he died...
    "Trouble with you boy, is, you've never grown up".
    I used to hate it...But, now, l consider it a complement!

    Anyway! A very, very happy Burfday! Enjoy many more
    years to come....Oh! Perhaps you'll reveal the painting in
    the next post!
    'Picture of Dorian Gray'. :>).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew I could rely on your astuteness Willie... thank you very much. x

      Delete
  3. Happy Birthday, whichever it is!
    Jacqui x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jacquie, yes you're as old as you feel.. oh dear... x

      Delete
  4. You cannot possibly be as ancient as me because you will find that one of the perks of getting older is that you just don't care what people think - it sets you free to be yourself !
    Happy Birthday and Many Happy Returns!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am, and I know what you mean but sadly my confidence has ebbed somewhat., thank you for the wishes. x

      Delete

Thank you very much for taking the time to visit and comment ♥
I don't open Anonymous comments as they are always spam!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...